Candied Nut Banana Mini Muffins
Looking for something special to make for Mom this Mother's Day? Try classic banana nut muffins topped with creamed honey and Black Bow Sweets candied nuts. Use your favorite banana bread recipe or try one of our favorite recipes (shown below) from The Food Network.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Black Bow Sweets candied pecans or candied walnuts, chopped (or as much as desired)
- 1/4 cup creamed honey (or as much as desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly butter 2 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together like you mean it, for a good 3 minutes.Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Fold in the raw nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway. Give them a rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
- Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out.
- Once slightly cooled, top with creamed hone and chopped Black Bow Sweets candied nuts.