We’re celebrating National Banana Bread Day! One of our favorite combinations is banana and candied walnut (if you haven’t tried banana chips with our candied walnuts yet – we highly recommend it!) and what better way to bring them together than in a beautiful banana bread. Try making in pie pan and ringing the outer edge with fresh banana for a fun play on a pie shape!
Using Everything But The Bananas Banana Bread Mix makes this recipe a snap!
1 package Everything But The Bananas Banana Bread Mix
½ cup oil (canola or vegetable)
¼ cup water
3 ripe bananas
Black Bow Sweets candied walnuts for topping or to bake inside
Optional: Additional fresh banana to ring around a pie plate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x5” loaf pan or pie plate with oil or butter
- In a large bowl, gently mash three ripe bananas with a fork. Add the oil, water and Everything But The Bananas Banana Bread Mix and mix thoroughly. (Optional: add chopped candied walnuts)
- Pour batter into greased pan. Lightly tap filled pan so batter settles evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 5-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 3-5 minutes before removing. Top with candied walnuts and serve. Best served warm.