Black Bow Sweets' Rustic Roasted Vegetables in eat.drink.PASO!
We are so excited to announce that a recipe we put up on our blog last year has now been published in a professional cook book! We were approached by the author, Lisa Pretty of P.S. Wine Cellars, and asked if they could recreate, photograph and publish our Rustic Roasted Vegetables as part of an upscale, locally-focused cook book.
We, of course, were completely onboard!
It is especially heart-warming because the book features local purveyors and wine makers from Paso Robles and surrounding communities. And, it pairs wine with each dish - so no more wondering what to serve with apps, dinner or dessert!
We've included the recipe for you here and if you'd like to get all of the incredible recipes in Lisa Pretty's new book, you can purchase it here.
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half
- 1 delicata squash, cut in half
- 16 ounces brussels sprouts, cut in halves
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper & garlic powder, to taste
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup shaved parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3 twigs rosemary
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup light crushed Black Bow Sweets candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle squash and brussels sprouts with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder then roast until squash is tender and brussels sprouts are crispy - about 30 minutes.
- While squash and brussels sprouts are roasting, lightly saute onions in olive oil until browned. Once the squash and brussels sprouts have finished cooking, cut squash into pieces and transfer squash and brussels sprouts to serving dish.
- Brown butter and fried rosemary topping: Melt butter in medium sized frying pan. As butter begins to melt, add the twigs of rosemary. Once all the butter is melted and begins to brown, (reserving rosemary twigs for garnish), drizzle over squash and brussels sprouts, then place rosemary twigs atop veggies.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese, pomegranate seeds and Black Bow Sweets candied pecans over dish.
Pair this dish with any of these fine wines:
- P.S. Cellars Barbera
- Adelaida Pinot Noir
- Caliza Syrah
- Cass Grenache
- Riverstar Chardonnay
- Graveyard Vineyards Petite Syrah
- Seven Oxen Zinfandel
- Windward Pinot Noir