There are few things as versatile as granola – it can be a heart-healthy start to the day for breakfast, rolled together with peanut butter for a high-energy snack or topped upon yogurt or ice cream – just to name a few! This candied pecan maple granola is crunchy, perfectly sweet and you can make the recipe your own by adding dried fruits, nuts, flax seed and more! Check out the recipe below.
Adapted from Vanilla and Bean
3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats – sub Gluten Free oats for those with gluten sensitivity
¾ cup Shredded Coconut
1/3 cup Sunflower seeds
¼ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ cup Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
½ cup Maple Syrup
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups Black Bow Sweets candied pecans, roughly chopped
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, salt and cinnamon.
- In a measuring cup, stir together melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. You will see separation.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix thoroughly. Press the granola into the pan in one even layer.
- Place the granola in oven and bake for 1 hour. Rotate the pan, turn the oven up to 300 degrees F and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Do not stir the granola during the baking process.
- Remove from the oven. Granola should be golden and soft to the touch. It will firm up as it cools.
- Allow the granola to completely cool and add in chopped Black Bow Sweets candied pecans.
- Store in a covered container for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to one month.