It wouldn't be the holidays without a bundt cake! And, we love this orange pecan cake with orange glaze and candied pecans. Dress it up with some orange peel garnish on a festive plate and you've got the perfect holiday dessert!
For the cake we adapted a recipe from Family Circle: http://www.familycircle.com/recipe/cakes/orange-pecan-bundt-cake/
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or substitute Cup4Cup gluten free flour to make it gluten friendly!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz Black Bow Sweets candied pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon butter (1 3/4 sticks), at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Confectioners sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt into medium-size bowl.
- Process pecan pieces and 1/2 cup sugar in processor until finely ground (or crush pecans with rolling pin or other kitchen tool).
- Beat together butter and remaining 1 cup sugar in medium-size bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add sour cream, orange juice concentrate, orange rind and vanilla. Stir in pecan mixture, then flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cake from Bundt pan to wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients until fully combined.
- Drizzle on completely cooled cake and serve.