Candied Pecan Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
Breakfast pastries are one of our favorite things....and these candied pecan cinnamon rolls are no exception.
We followed a recipe from home chef Chris Scheuer - and used our candied pecans in place of raw pecans. These pastry cinnamon rolls are "easy-peasy" and oh-so-good!
(Full article and recipe here https://communitytable.parade.com/229727/chrisscheuer/easy-peasy-cinnamon-pecan-rollsfine-pastry-shop-quality-with-only-15-minutes-prep/)
1 package puff pastry, 2 sheets
2 Tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped Black Bow Sweets candied pecans
2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg yolk, beaten and mixed with 1 tsp water
1. Thaw puff pastry. Remove one sheet and place on a lightly floured work surface. Keep the other sheet in refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper or grease lightly.
3. Combine brown sugar, candied pecans and cinnamon. Set aside 1/4 cup of mixture in a small bowl.
4. Roll out puff pastry sheet to a 12-inch square. Spread with 1 Tbsp of the softened butter and sprinkle with 1/2 of the brown sugar mixture.
5. Roll pastry sheet up tightly and cut into 6 equal slices. Pat each slice with the palm of your hand to flatten to a 3-inch circle and sprinkle with a tsp of the reserved brown sugar-candied pecan mixture. Press lightly with your fingers to adhere the candied pecan mixture to the surface of the rolls. Place on prepared sheet pan and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 15 mins or overnight.
6. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry
7. When ready to bake, combine egg yolk with 1 tsp water and mix until combined. Remove pans from refrigerator and brush each dough circle with egg yolk. Be sure to brush the sides as well as the top.
8. Place pans in oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 375 degrees. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes and serve.