It's national pecan pie day! Hooray! And, of course, we are baking up something sweet with our candied pecans. We are celebrating with these adorable mini pastry candied pecan pies. Perfectly portion-sized and extra special with a candied pecan topping. See the recipe and how-to here!
For the Pastry Pies (makes 18 mini pies):
3 package of puff pastry cups and back according to package directions
For the Filling:
4 large eggs
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
For the Topping:
1 cup crushed Black Bow Sweets candied pecans
18 full candied pecans for top of pies
Optional: Whipped Cream
1. Pre-Bake pastry cups according to package directions while preparing filling mixture.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy. Add the melted butter, light corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
4. Pour the batter into pie pan or shallow baking dish.
5. Bake for 60 - 70 minutes or until the pie is starting to set. Once done, remove the pie to a wire rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Scoop pie mixture into pastry cups and top with Black Bow Sweets crushed candied pecans. Add whipped cream if desired.